Friday, February 29, 2008

31weeks 2days

And still plugging along...
We did have a scare yesterday and had a short (thank God) trip to our local hospital for monitoring. My contractions became very consistent at 2 to 4 minutes apart and I started to have a significant amount of back pain. My sister in law and nephew took me to the hospital while my best friend Megan stayed here with all the kids (she has 3 as well). Thankfully it was a very short stay since my cervix hadn't changed "much", but it was exhausting none the less. I swear, walking into that place wipes me out!

My sister in law, Reagan, offered to keep the girls this afternoon while Payton was at school. It was wonderful to get a nap, even if it was interrupted by the phone. Tonight I think I'm going to have Aaron get a hospital bag ready so that we don't play the rush around game every time I have to go in. Besides, the superstition in me says that if we are "ready" then nothing will really happen. I just know that if we go to the hospital completely unprepared that we'll end up having a baby and feel all out of wack.
My birthday is on Sunday so here's hoping to an uneventful weekend!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Pack that bag lady! You KNOW that'll buy you at least 3 weeks right there! Jim asks every evening how far along you are and if that little guy is still cooking (it's pretty cute). Anyway, thanks for the thoughts... it's nice to know that we're not totally alone in our world.

Lauren said...

Hope you had a great birthday!! And get that bag packed!!!