Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A year late?

Boy, time sure flies! Things in the Silveus household aren't much more than an organized chaos these days. P just wrapped up 1st grade. L sadly (only in her eyes of course) finished pre-k and will be moving into the world of elementary school. E is going to be making her way into the pre-k circut in the fall. C just recently turned... GASP... one! He's still not walking and doesn't have much to say at this point but sure knows how to melt our hearts with his 3, yep THREE, sets of dimples!


Our home is a busy place and it seems that someone is always getting hurt. The emergency room staff is starting to know ALL of us on a first name basis and I swear, which I shouldn't, that next time one of the kids has an accident I'm going to send them in with daddy because, quite frankly, I'm tired of going. During our most recent trip which happened to be last night, I made E promise me that next time she decides to do a running nose dive over the swings and smash her face into her hand shoving her beautifully large front teeth through every layer of skin exposing muscle tissue that it be during normal doctor's hours, or at the very minimum, urgent care hours. She was happy to concede and many tears, lots of EWWWWW and several Popsicles later we made our way home to the rest of the gang. Today is a much better day and I must proudly announce that I didn't once have to take anyone to a dr's appointment, urgent care of the emergency room.


Summer is getting into full swing and it's pretty apparent by my flourishing garden! Hooray! This is the first year that I've done a garden and of course I wasn't able to tread into it lightly. I had Aaron build two square foot garden boxes and we went to town. We started nearly everything from seed and have seen fantastic results! I'm so thrilled to teach the kids about organic gardening and how important it is to keep our foods as close to their whole state as possible. We also jumped into vermicomposting and have a pretty rockin pile full of hundreds of VERY happy red worms.


Summer time also means outside play time and it didn't come a moment too soon! There's nothing better than letting all 4 of the kids have a squirt gun fight to cool off, burn off some energy and wear themselves out!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Welcome back we missed ya!
-h