Tuesday, May 27, 2008

3 weeks!




I apologize for the lack of updates! We have been adjusting to life as a family of 6 and time has just flown by. It's amazing how long and trying those 40 weeks and 6 days were and now that Cohen is here there isn't enough time in the day to enjoy him as much as I would like.


My c-section recovery has gone really well but we have hit a small bump in the road with some kidney stone issues. I have a small stone that has gotten itself lodged in my left side and has been stuck there for about a week now. I finally went to the ER on Memorial Day (oh what a joy!) after I couldn't take the pain anymore and had it confirmed. On top of the one that is stuck I have several others in my kidney just waiting to drop out. I will be making my way in to the urologist tomorrow to figure out what our next step is. Unfortunately I am having to see the dr that blew my right kidney out while performing a lythotrypsy a year and a half ago.


Cohen, also lovingly referred to as "Tank", is doing really well. He does have some reflux issues but it's nothing that we can't handle after dealing with Payton's issues as a baby. As of last Friday he was up to 11lbs 8oz and was 22.5 inches long. So although he is throwing up a lot he is still gaining quickly and it's really showing with the new rolls that are popping up daily. He is a wonderful baby and has been sleeping really well through the night and only waking once to eat. There have only been two nights that he has been up for any length of time and that was after I was naughty and drank orange juice.


Payton, Layla and Eliza are adjusting to their brother the best that they can in their own unique ways. Surprisingly, Layla actually seems to be having the hardest time with it. She is usually so mellow and agreeable but has really started acting out. I am very ready to be able to take each of the kids out and have one on one time with them. Aaron and Payton are going to "Walking With Dinosaurs" tomorrow night. Anyone that knows P-town knows that this is a HUGE deal! He has been obsessed with dinosaurs since he was about 18 months. We kept saying that it was just a phase.... well, here he is at the age of 6.5 and is just as fascinated now as he was then.


Sadly, Aaron goes back to work tomorrow :O(

I really wish he could just stay home with us forever but I know it's not possible. It has been so nice having him here. He was never able to be home with me when the other three were born between going to school and working full time. Things worked out well enough for him to be home for 3 full weeks this time! He was supposed to go back today but our evening in the ER was too tiring so he extended his leave by one more day.


So there's our life in a nut shell! I'm sure it's going to get nice and crazy here real soon so I just keep watching Jon and Kate plus 8 to make myself feel normal!



No comments: